Wednesday, November 30, 2016

We are sleeping in the mud. We are hearing you cry. I see you my child my darling my dear my love my life my hope my joy, my sunshine on cloud tops and breaking waves, my heart hears you cry and scream in the dark and we sleep on mud and moss and pine needles under the stars and by fires and our faces are smeared with charcoal. I love you I love you I love you, don't cry my dear my darling my life my love my hope my joy my sunshine on cloud tops my breaking waves my crackling flames and whistling kettle, my love we will be borne up from this, I promise this. This is not our end my dear my life my love my hope my joy my sunshine on cloud tops and breaking waves my crackling flames, my whistling kettle, my woolen blanket, my feather bed, we are not done yet we are not dead, we will rise from this, rise from the ashes on our faces streaked with tears, we will build a place here, in the mud and the pine needles, here in the cold, here we will build a place of warmth, oh my love my life my joy my hope my light, my sunshine on cloud tops and breaking waves, my heart my hearth my crackling flames, my whistling kettle my woolen blanket my feather bed

No comments:

Post a Comment