Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Postcard From The Atlantic

Dear Mary Anne, 

The boat left the dock a couple minutes late. Crossing the ocean this way gave me a lot of time to think. Even small delays, like the porter dropping my luggage from the cart add up. Across the ocean these small delays build up like a cresting wave, until it takes us four extra days to make port. 

I don't know why we don't have zeppelins. Airplanes are terrible. You don't have enough time to be comfortable, and the airlines make sure of that. If we still had zeppelins I think air travel would be cheaper. People would spend another couple days on board the zeppelin, while airplanes would only get used by businessmen and for freight purposes. 

But things happen, we don't have zeppelins anymore, also I'm afraid I killed your cat. 

Best Regards, 

Howard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment